Saturday, May 5, 2012

Wine Country Century Bike Ride

I don't remember if I posted on here about spraining my ankle while I was training for the half marathon, but I did, and I did not let it heal enough before I started exercising again. It has been hurting a lot while biking and doing classes at the gym, so I finally went to the doctor on Wednesday. He said I have a sprain, with tendon and ligament tearing, so no more exercising. If something hurts, don't do it.  I told my doctor that I was signed up for the 100K bike ride, and he said not to do it. So sad!  So, this picture above is me holding my "Registration for Sale" sign at the registration tent on Friday night. I was able to sell my registration within 15 minutes! There was another rider who had an extra registration, but didn't want to take the time to sell it, so I told him to give it to me and if I was able to sell it, I would mail him half the registration fee. I was able to sell his too, so I made money! woo hoo!

No comments: