Monday, February 1, 2010

Bye Bye Paci

We decided that it was time to break Chloe of her pacifier addiction. It was getting to the point that she wanted it all the time, crying and begging for it. I had heard that one way to make the break was to cut the paci, so that it was no longer comforting for her to suck on it. So that is what we did....When I gave Chloe her paci like this, she said, "It's broken." She was upset for about 10 minutes, and then slept through the night no problem. The next day, she was asking for her paci, but I kept reminding her that paci was broken. She was pretty cranky all day and naptime was a 2 hour scream-fest. By the third day, Chloe seemed to have forgotten all about her paci! Woo hoo!!!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

We did the same thing with Aden and like Chloe, he coped well with his "loss" but kid you not, for MONTHS he'd say, "Mommy broke my pacifier!" How he knew it was me...I'm not sure!?

Wendy said...

Any tips for breaking a thumb-sucking habit? Cutting off the thumb is out of the question. :)