Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Lights

The weekend before Christmas, Andrew, Chloe, and I travelled to my parents' house in San Rafael for a visit. We went out looking at Christmas lights. Chloe absolutely LOVED the first house--it was all about Mickey Mouse. Chloe loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and would have stood and stared at this house all night if we let her!
all of these stuffed animals and such were in the decorated garage...The second house we went to was a house in Marinwood that I remember going to every year as a child. The house was not decorated for the past 15 years, but this year the family decided to decorate it again as a tribute to their father, who passed away this year. I followed the efforts on FaceBook--trying to decorate the house in a short amount of time using old decorations. It was touching to see how the neighbors came together to make it happen! Chloe's favorite part of this house was the toy train in the front yard, but I did not get a picture of that....
We went to one other house that night--in Novato. The owners decorated both the outside and inside of their house with a crazy amount of lights and decorations. There was a line to get in and lots of people inside. Chloe started crying and saying she wanted to go home, so Andrew and I left early. I think she was a bit overwhelmed with the crowd. Poor baby!

No comments: