Saturday, June 14, 2008

Screaming baby

For those of you who only see cute pictures of the smiling Chloe that I post, you might not believe this post. Chloe did not sleep much last night, and took a very short morning nap. She woke up from this nap SCREAMING. And the screaming would not stop. I was able to distract her briefly with toys or going outside, tried feeding her and putting her back to sleep, but nothing worked to clam her down. So finally, I grabbed a Diet Coke and some chocolate and loaded Chloe into the car. Within 5 minutes, she was sound asleep. I always heard about friends who used the car to get their kids to sleep, but I always thought that I would not be one of those parents. I am sorry to all of the parents out there who I thought this about. I understand the desperation after having a crying baby for hours and not knowing what else to do. Chloe is still asleep in the car, which is parked in my driveway with the windows down. I am sitting in the garage watching her, because I am afraid to take her out of the car and have her wake up. Is it sad that I am afraid of my almost 6 month old baby??

5 comments:

Paige said...

I remember putting one of the kids in the car and driving back and forth in the driveway just to get them to quiet down. jonathan our youngest loved the washing machine.... sat on it for hours... Yep I was one of those parents, welcome to our club!

Screamin babies that can't be comforted are one of the worst feelings in the world for a parent.

To answer your question... no it's not sad! Hugs

DeAnna said...

You do what it takes to comfort them! You are not a bad Mommy! There have been many moments I have caved and done thjings I said I would never do cause it actually worked. Hang in there, you are a good Mommy!

Amy, Steve, Molly, Paige and Garrett said...

That is why Molly slept in her swing for monthes. You do what you gotta do to survive!
Amy

Quayle Covey Blog said...

Oh that's nothing! Do you know how many of us have used Benadryl for those special days? :)

Jennifer Herring said...

Everyone's right - don't stress about it! We've all done something silly to keep our kids from screaming. :-) When I used to take Kaya on drives, I'd stop about 30 feet back from the stop light just so I could coast until the light turned green. You do what you have to do to keep your sanity!