Friday, January 21, 2011

Dentist visit

Today, Chloe went to her first dentist appointment. We went to Kids Care on Greenback--they had been recommended to me my multiple people. I am so thankful that I listened to the advice and took her there; they were amazing!!! This morning, when I told Chloe that we were going to the dentist, she started whining and said she didn't want to go. I told her that her dentist's name is Dr. Candy, and Chloe laughed and said that she would go.

When we got to the office, she was so excited about the princess movie showing and the video games. When Chloe's name was called, she stood up and starting walking into the treatment area all by herself! Kim, the hygienist, showed Chloe her "princess chair" and Chloe climbed right up. It was really sweet the way Kim took time to show Chloe everything and make it fun for her. The spinning toothbrush was "Mr. Tickles" and the "princess cape" that Chloe wore during her xrays had a big smiley face on it, so it was "Mr. Smiley." They had Chloe wear sunglasses and earphones, and she got to watch Princess and the Frog that was showing on the TV in the ceiling while she had her teeth examined and cleaned. Chloe thought that was super cool! After she was finished, Chloe came over to me for a hug and said that her princess teeth were all clean!!

Dr. Candy said that Chloe's teeth look great: no cavities! Chloe was so well behaved, and her dentist said that Chloe was a model patient, and she wishes that all little girls would act like her! I am so proud of my big girl!!!!

sitting in her "princess chair" chatting with Kim

1 comment:

Arielle said...

That's so great that Chloe's first dentist appointment went so well! Sounds like your family dentist went above and beyond in giving her princess-care. :)