Monday, September 6, 2010

Cinderella! (and more talk about poop!)

Chloe has done a great job with her pee pee potty training. Pooping in the potty has still been scary to her, even with her magic wand. We have tried all kinds of bribes to motivate her to poop in the potty, the latest being a trip overnight to Gree and Gramp's house. This morning when they were packing up to go home, Chloe kept telling them to wait because she had to go poop to be able to go home with them. She had numerous failed attempts, and kept begging them not to leave. My mom promised her that they would get her once she had pooped in the potty, and Chloe ran to my dad and said, "After I go poop in the potty, you will drive, drive, drive and come get me?" My dad said that yes, they would come get her. Well, they left around 1:00, and at 6:00, Chloe pooped in the potty! Apparently, Gree and Gramps were the motivation she needed.

Shaelyn had handed down this Cinderella dress to Chloe, so I told her she could have it after she went poop in the potty. That poor kid doesn't get anything for free anymore--it's all about the bribes! After the initial celebrating, Chloe said she wanted to wear her dress and I took her out for a chocolate milkshake (another promise I had made at some point to try to bribe her)! Andrew said if this kid waited long enough to poop, she could have had anything she wanted! It was getting close to that!!
So serious looking--not sure why. She was so excited!

No comments: