Monday, June 14, 2010

Welcome to our family, Baby Micah!!!

Micah Clifford Scott was born today at 2:36 a.m. He weighed 9 pounds, 11 ounces and was 21 1/4 inches long. Such a big boy!! We are all surprised by how big he is. All the doctors and midwives who measured me said he would be between 7 1/2 to 8 pounds......guess they were off a bit!

Here's the story....
I started having contractions during church on Sunday, but then when I got home, they stopped. My water broke (more like a slow leak) and I started having contractions again about 1:30 pm on Sunday afternoon. We called Bill and Elaine and they came to pick up Chloe, and Andrew and I headed up to Kaiser. I was admitted and got started on my IV meds. The contractions slowed way down and I didn't even feel like I was in labor. Around 9 pm on Sunday night, a midwife broke my water the rest of the way, and then the contractions started to be much stronger and closer together. I got my epidural and by 2 am was fully dilated. Micah crowned on my first push, and then I pushed maybe 10 times and he was out!!! Much faster than the 21 hours of labor and 2 hours of pushing with his older sister!!!
getting his little lungs suctioned :(
look at those lips!!


daddy's hand is so big!


No comments: